Thursday, August 16, 2012

Broccoli Face


Nate's been on a weird schedule this month.  His schedule is not only weird, but also inconsistent.  He was working nights over last weekend and Monday.  He slept most of Tuesday.  Then he left for work at 5:30 am on Wednesday and came home around 4:30.  Today he's working from noon to 10 pm.  Tomorrow or Saturday (I can't remember which day), he'll leave at 6 pm and come home sometime in the early morning.  I've not idea what his schedule will be next week.  I don't think he does either.  I'll ask him when he comes home.

With Nate gone for dinner, I wasn't really motivated to make an elaborate dinner.  So...Macaroni and Cheese it was, but to make my conscience breath a little easier, I gave everyone equal parts Mac-n-cheese and Broccoli. 

Of all of the veggies God created, I would never have guess my children would like broccoli best, but looking like a tree helps its cause.  And being dark green adds bonus points in its favor to Caleb's eyes.  But still..Broccoli.  I guess the after-dinner-broccoli-lingering-scent doesn't effect them like it does me.  While I'd prefer a loaded salad with dressing, they'd rather have broccoli hands down.

Esther is hit or miss with broccoli, though.  I'm not sure how much of what I gave her ended up in her tummy, tonight.

No comments: